Mission Endowment Fund
Scholarships for Students. Grants for Non-Profits
FUNDING FOR STUDENTS AND NON-PROFITS
The Bible talks about being generous and taking care of folks in need.
Our congregation reaches out to provide scholarships for students to use in pursuit of higher education and non-profit organizations to support their ministries.
For Higher Education
The applicant for this scholarship must:
1. Enroll in an accredited college, university, seminary, technical, or vocational school full time. A full-time student will be defined as one who fulfills the credit hour requirement of government-sponsored financial aid programs for full-time students.
2. Demonstrates academic achievement and potential for continued academic success. A minimum of a 3.0 GPA is required.
3. Complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FASFA) or an equivalent measure.
4. Preference will be given to an applicant who is a member of Peace Evangelical Lutheran Church in South Haven, Michigan.
5. Successful recipients will be eligible to apply for funding for up to three years. Applicants will be considered in the general pool annually.
Fund Something New
Per the Mission Endowment Fund Continuing Resolution, grant requests are to fall within the following categories:
New Congregational missions such as new ministries, scholarships, etc.
Outreach to the community and region, including, but not limited to, ELCA colleges, seminaries, social service agencies, institutions and agencies, civic uses, community needs, and partnerships with community-serving organizations.
Missions of the ELCA at home and overseas, including, but not limited to, grants to the ELCA for new mission development in North America.